Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Review: Kiss by Ted Dekker, Erin Healy

I read every Ted Dekker book I can as soon as I can. And as soon as I'm done, I can't wait for the next one. Kiss is no exception. In this book, Ted Dekker partners with Erin Healy to tell a powerful story that has it all - suspense, mystery, twists, emotion, and best of all, it makes you think.

Dekker and Healy use a paranormal device where the main character, Shauna McAllister, finds that she can steal the memories of others, even as she struggles to regain her own recent memories after a traffic accident. What follows is a thrill ride that takes the reader to the very end of the book and leaves them breathless and wanting more.

Some people don't understand or object to the paranormal aspect of this book, but I liked it. It is imaginative and makes you think. I think maybe because so much literature that makes use of the paranormal is dark, people are cautious of it. But if you look at C.S. Lewis' popular Narnia series, the very foundation is built on the paranormal.

If you want an exciting, engaging book, you can never go wrong with Ted Dekker, and if her first book is any indication, I will be reading everything from Erin Healy in the future too.

No comments: